Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Disguise

Anxiety, coursing through my veins.
A fire that can only be quenched by the warmth and
Security your arms bring.
The earth, umovable, unshakable like the Grand Canyon
The depth of my desire to care, though desire alone seems in vain.
So much to say, yet always at a loss for words;
The rights words to say, always on the verge of
Convergence with the thief in the night;
Stole my words away like he stole away through the night.
Each sunrise, sunset, full moon, and twilight
I sit, stare and wonder if for me you'll ever be there.

A need so provoking, so consuming I swear
That the only means to this end is for you my dear
And I to become one; As two lion cubs under the sun.
Friends first, next lovers, then ruling the jungle.
A maturation of the dreams and desires we share
One for another.

To say this is the end would be merely a lie,
However, my face I must peel away from this friendly disguise
And realize that only time will tell if there's more
That we can ever be; Your laugh, Your embrace,
Baby Envelope Me...

No comments: